- Worry about things that we have no control over
- Practice things over and over with techniques that don’t work
- Play the lottery. While you may win a little, the system is set up for you to lose
- Jumping to conclusions only to find out that you didn’t know the whole story
- Use the word ‘but’ and as soon as you do it, the other person becomes defensive
- Bad choices about things that you know aren’t good but you do them anyway
- Wait until the last minute and then you’re always late
- Continue to saw down a tree without sharpening the saw
- And there are many more things that would fall into this category
All of these things cause extra stress in our lives and rob joy and productivity from us and those around us. I suppose that’s why Old Albert said that this is a form of insanity. Do you agree?
Take a minute to think about some areas in your life that are causing some stress. What are some things that just aren’t working well? What can you do to prevent them from happening again in the future? Wouldn’t it be the best use of your time and will bring more sanity and joy to your life as well as those around you?